According to the E-commerce Guide, the lowest price is the most essential factor in deciding whether or not to shop on a marketplace rather than at a retailer. The availability of free or cheap shipping, the speed with which things are delivered, and the variety of products are essential considerations.
To state the obvious, just a small percentage of visitors will arrive at your online shop on their first visit and make a purchase from you. They come to your site, look around, read some online reviews, explore your social media accounts, look for upcoming sales or coupons, do a little more virtual window shopping, read what others are saying about you on Social Media, and finally return to your site when they’re ready to hand over their hard-earned money.
Each one of these moves them a step closer to completing the transaction with you. A conversion is aided by each interaction that occurs. Because these assisted conversions account to increase Magento sales, you should track them and attribute at least some of the credit to each one to gain a thorough understanding of your customers’ behavior and how you should sell to them in the future.
Four fundamental building components in Magento that contribute to the creation of a positive consumer shopping experience are as follows:
All parties involved in developing and marketing strategies to improve Magento sales must collaborate to improve the customer journey for all parties concerned. It’s a well-known platform, and it boasts an extensive set of capabilities that can be used to create personalized experiences for any combination of customer qualities and preferences.
1. Improve the consumer experience
It is critical to understand the five steps that a customer goes through to optimize the customer experience in Magento. The five stages are awareness, interest, desire, and decision before concluding with advocacy.
When used in conjunction with Magento 2’s customer profile and segmentation capabilities, the techniques ensure that not only is your online store found, but that it is found by individuals who are most likely to engage with your brand and convert into customers. Once you have the customer’s attention, the use of an optimized solution makes it desirable and straightforward for them to research and evaluate the value of your products or services in the context of their own particular preferences and paradigms.
It is also necessary to provide a compelling experience at the buying decision stage. After then, and only then, would they be able to make a purchasing decision. Although it is less likely when there is a simplified buying procedure, the likelihood increases when there is a streamlined customer journey.
Shoppers may service themselves with the help to increase Magento sales many valuable features, which include a fully configurable order processing workflow and many more, and the platform can even allow guided purchases when necessary.
The goal should be to make each visitor a loyal customer and an advocate for your company, even though making a single purchase is a significant victory for your business.
When it comes to B2C retailers, personalization was once thought to be a problem. A B2C purchase is generally motivated by emotion rather than rationality for this reason. When they shop online, they frequently make one-time purchases that are rapid and impulsive. B2C consumers are unquestionably prime candidates for personalized, targeted marketing that speaks directly to their feelings, personality traits, and interests—especially when they are still at the beginning of their purchasing journey.
Wise merchants understand that they must use it as a driver for the customer experience, which is just as important for B2B clients as for B2C ones. Using some of the most effective marketing methods and tactics, you may improve the overall success of your Magento store’s marketing approach. Prioritize consumer involvement using the tactics to create a comprehensive personalization plan for your Magento store.
- Audience segmentation – Personalization strategies that are both solid and viable should be built on the foundation of customer segmentation and personalization. Also, audience segmentation is a crucial component of offering highly targeted marketing to your target customers. Rather than simply collecting general behavioral data, you should segment the data to match your consumer personas so that you can provide personalized content to each individual customer.
- Best-sellers should be highlighted – To increase conversions, it is beneficial to display the best-selling products in prominent areas of your Magento store (homepage, category pages). A customized version of this plan can be developed for a specific group of your buyers (depending on gender, age, or geography) and implemented in a particular period (weekends invariably result in many quick purchases, so make sure you keep the ticking clock visible). Choose whether to build the widget or write a shortcode and display the price, user reviews (always a plus), and the add-to-cart/wish list button, among other options.
- Use Exit-intent pop-ups – When a visitor thinks about leaving your website, you should use exit-intent pop-ups to keep them from going. They are the last “weapon” that a store manager has to keep them from leaving. Generally speaking, the negative aspect of pop-ups is that people despise them unless and until they provide them with something of utility. The previous experience has shown that the most successful material you can serve to retain a new visitor’s attention is a limited-time offer for a popular product, which is almost always from a relevant category.
Better and more relevant marketing messages from firms are in high demand among consumers these days. Using the Magento customizing tactics listed above might assist your company in getting back on its feet.
Please remember that each sector and business has its own set of issues and features, which should be considered. Consequently, to generate growth consistently, a firm must continuously test and alter its strategy and marketing mix.
3. Lower the Abandoned Cart Rate –
Since the inception of online shopping, the abandoned cart in Magento 2 has been a significant source of frustration for both store owners and industry experts. Because it stems from subjective and objective factors, we usually find it difficult to completely manage the situation.
Image Source : Baymard
Low trust, high shipping charges, a confusing checkout page, price shock, and technical difficulties are all factors that contribute to an increase in abandonment rates. On the other hand, Magento 2 One Step Checkout can be beneficial in a variety of ways. For example,
- In a fraction of moment, you will be finished with your purchase:In fact, it is completely deflated! It will now be possible to reduce two steps of the default Magento one-page checkout to only one step, hence speeding up the checkout process. In this way, customers can avoid unnecessary effort and reduce their likelihood of abandoning their shopping carts in favor of another.
- AutoDetect and AutoFill:Clients must be tired of continuously entering the same information from one website to another. GeoIP AutoDetect and Address AutoFill can help alleviate this frustration. Consequently, Magento 2 One Step Checkout provides outstanding assistance in auto-completing the addresses and certain previously stored personal information. Customer willingness to purchase on your site increases when they realize that your Magento one-page checkout page does not take up their valuable time. As a result, the cart abandonment rate decreases.
- Custom Trust Payment Badges:When payment page comes, many people are afraid to give their financial information to be exposed to financial risk. Custom Trust Payment Badges are a great way to combat this. The use of trusted payment badges can thereby reassure customers about your company’s identification and payment procedures. This extra feature has demonstrated its effectiveness in reducing abandoned carts in Magento 2.
A common problem for online merchants is cart abandonment, which requires attention from all business owners. Developing an overall strategy and testing several approaches to see the most effective ones for your target audience is a good decision.
4. Make SEO a top priority:
One of the primary concerns to increase Magento sales is search engine optimization (SEO). Several things can be improved upon even though Magento is already quite SEO-friendly when installed. Various Magento SEO tips are available, with the top technical Magento issues that need to be addressed right away listed below.
- An issue with the HTML site map:By default, Magento 2 does not support the automatic construction of an HTML site map. To resolve the HTML sitemap issue in Magento 2, we need to implement some extensions that can help. Use the Dynamic HTML Sitemap for Magento 2 extension to create a dynamic HTML sitemap. A sitemap for both users and search engines can be generated automatically with the aid of this add-on.
- Make sure to improve product pages:One of our top Magento SEO advice is to never forget to optimize product photos to achieve higher search engine rankings. It is essential to ensure that all images have appropriate alt-tags that describe the images because search engines cannot read them. Hence, we must include relevant alt text.
After all, it is the rankings of your Magento store that matters. To achieve higher ranks, work on other SEO concerns as well.
5. Enable Social Media:
Magento extensions are the most effective way to advertise and link your social media accounts to your website. Essentially, these are add-ons that enhance the functionality of your website. Magento’s Extension Marketplace is where you can find these extensions. Magento Social Promotion with Facebook is one of the most useful extensions. These are some of the most creative and cutting-edge social networking add-ons:
- Social Suite:To post products or communicate messages through your social media channels, you must first log in to your store’s backend using the Social Suite extension.
- Easy to Share:With the easy share extension, your audience can quickly post or link to any of your pages or posts on their social media profiles, including Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn. This increases the reach of your company’s social media presence.
- Social Pilot:To market your items on numerous social media channels, Social Pilot is a tool you should consider using. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, to mention a few, are examples of social media platforms. Your Magento eCommerce will look even better with all of the fantastic extensions available.
6. Improve the overall performance and speed of your website.
While there may be thousands of products on an eCommerce Magento shop, it is recommended to use CSS and JS and shrink the size of the picture files.
7. Optimize Product Content –
Product content in eCommerce refers to the information prepared to attract potential buyers and drive more conversions across an electronic network, including social media, tutorials, product descriptions, and blog articles, among other types of material. Text, high-quality images, and videos can all be used to give customers all of the product-related information they require in a thorough, correct, and proper manner. It is critical to ensure that the description of the products you are selling focuses on the most essential characteristics and significant benefits of the products.
The best product content would include a thorough and detailed product description that is visually appealing and geared for search engine optimization. Using colorful images and words to tell a story about your goods, for example, may help visitors understand that the item is a must-have and that they should make a purchasing decision.
While there is no specific roadmap that will bring your Magento retail store to the doors of success, you can follow the steps outlined above to get started on the right path. Increasingly, as the eCommerce business continues to grow, it is the responsibility of new-age online retail brands to boost Magento store sales organically rather than via the use of aggressive sales practices. Such companies should make an effort to improve the performance of their websites by optimizing the potential areas of improvement that have been identified above. All that is required is to make your Magento web store more accessible, engaging, and user-friendly to provide a seamless purchasing experience to customers.
Founder, CEO and a passionate Magento certified specialist at Rock Technolabs with over 10+ years of experience in web development and eCommerce. Apart from blogging and playing with Magento, he loves to read, travel, and learn new tools and technologies that help make the development process easier and more appealing to our clients.