Creating compelling content and devising the right local SEO strategy, are two vital ends in content optimisation for SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
Content created with uniqueness and quality is of hardly any use if it doesn’t reach its target audience. Local SEO strategies come in as a very handy tool that helps deliver exactly that!
SEO increases your reach, especially in location-specific content. Being of assistance from ranking your website on top, to generating website traffic and holding on to the Google ranking, it does it all.
To know more, scroll down.
Most Useful and Experts Rated – Top 5 Local SEO Strategies 2023
We lay down the top 5 Local SEO strategies that will help you optimise your website for local SEO.
Do follow E.A.T Guidelines – Content Creation
E.A.T. is the abbreviation for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness in respect of local SEO strategy. Google’s search quality evaluative technique assesses the worth of your content.
- A.T is the foremost factor that needs to be integrated into the quality and user intent-specific content. It helps a website to be rightly optimised for local SEO. This particular aspect becomes more important when creating location-specific content. Such content demands a crude understanding of the people of that area.
- Any content that is being created, must showcase a business’s expertise, and sound knowledge on it. It should have – a good framework of contents, right placement of keywords, location-specific details in the introduction, etc. Establishing authority over content is one of the most important factors.
- This helps the reader to understand a business’s motto and what they are selling. This helps them form a level of confidence in the website. Trustworthiness comes along with expertise and authoritativeness. Building trust within a local area while establishing the business, keep growth and success rates high.
For instance, while creating content for an area where a majority of people are street food lovers, content should be on street food. Here, creating content on home food would not make much of an effect on the residents.
- Another aspect that enables to factor in local SEO strategy here is to make content stricter and more specific. One of the ways here would be to analyse the most popular street foods.
After proper research and survey, you may find out that momo and egg rolls are top ranking, while hotdogs are the least. Hence, one would prefer adhering to what the majority demands. Understanding who your target audience is, their preferences and their wants will help deliver apt content curated just for your customers.
How to Do?
- Integrate words and phrases that are easy to understand, and frame a good structure so that the content is easily readable.
- Establishing the right ways in local SEO strategy inculcate ways to create content that is more value-based and caters to your audience. It should be understandable to the target audience and should match their search intent.
- Furthermore, keep website content conversational, because the more hooked a user is, the more interested they will be, further increasing dwell time of web pages.
- Herein, the probability of users visiting your website increases, which generates more website traffic and helps to rank higher in Google SERP.
Keep Your Website Mobile Friendly
On average, an individual spends 3 hours and 15 minutes on their mobile phones every day. As handy as a mobile phone becomes, today, with the onset of smart technology, smartphones are the most used devices to readily access information.
- With the click of a finger, we can get access to the world of knowledge and information. From knowing the nearest home food joints to vacant office spaces, you will get everything within seconds. Now imagine, utilising such an opportunity to help your website reach a larger number of viewers.
- Thereafter, if you become successful in satisfying user intent and have them hooked on to content, it successfully optimises your website.
- The website is viewed in portrait mode on mobile phones. While on desktop, or laptop screens it is in landscape mode. A user’s view experience is hampered if the website is not rightly framed in mobile portrait mode. Especially, if that website is enlisted as a local business, it is ideally advised to adopt this local SEO strategy and make the website mobile handy.
- For instance, let us state you have a pizza food joint. Going forward, one wouldn’t expect a person roaming with a laptop screen in search of your shop. Therefore, a properly optimised website for mobile phones will increase your website’s access and keep users engaged with your content.
How to Do?
- You need to structure your website to meet the dimensions of the mobile phone.
- While doing this, also keep in mind that different mobile phones have different screen specifications.
- Optimise your website according to the framework that matches these specifications. Doing so will help more users access your website and read easily, without anything affecting user experience.
- After designing your website, give it to test on different gadgets such as smartphones, desktops, laptops, etc. It will help in analysing if any modifications are to be made. For example, the part of your website that requires to be highlighted to bring more focus. Furthermore, mobile-friendly websites have easy reading and viewing of their content.
Integrate the Right Set of Keywords
Any content is curated and centered on a primary keyword. We also use secondary keywords, which helps define the primary keywords in a better manner. Then, there are long-tail keywords that help you to explain your content in a much better way.
- Keywords serve two purposes for local SEO optimisation – firstly, it helps rank a website against that particular keyword when a user searches it on SERP.
- Secondly, keeping the right density keywords throughout your website, will enable high traffic flow and enhance the session time of your website.
- Incorporate the right local keywords in your web pages, because they will help your business rank better on local search pages.
- Doing so, helps Google to understand your business address and aids users to find your location easily.
How to Do?
- Include local keywords in – the Meta title, Meta description, images in your website content, and H1 of your articles, and wherever found best suited.
- We advise using local keywords in more specific parts of any website, such as web pages curated for a location, and website URL. It helps in generation of keywords that are highly searched by people of that region. Additionally, it also becomes fruitful to find area-specific keywords.
- In addition to that, we suggest you include long-tail keywords in your Meta tags as well.
- Before you include these local keywords, research well on Google as to which keywords in that context fit well. Research work is most important to figure out the right set of local keywords for your website. Last but not least, use the Google AdWords campaign to inculcate local keywords.
Optimise the Visual Content for Social Media
Imagine what would catch a user’s attention more – words and paragraphs or images and videos?
Integration of featured snippets, images, and videos in a website, makes it more compelling, engaging and hooking for users.
- Social media is becoming very important today, so much so that we cannot do without it! Images, short video clips to long videos are what make social media quite engrossing for us all, isn’t it?
- Similarly, when creating a local business, try and input graphical elements to make the business more attractive to the users.
- When a user searches an image against a particular keyword, it is vital to ensure that the content ranks at the top of the SERP. Doing so, will fetch in higher website traffic and help boost the business.
For instance, when we search any keyword on SERP, oftentimes, it lists the search links on the left and in certain cases, images on the right. Any search result in form of clickable images is rather more compelling and engaging than the links.
- Moreover to help promote the business and to establish a close connection with users, it is ideal to connect with users through catchy videos and images.
How to Do?
- Analyse the target audience, and understand their specific needs. Especially when a business serves a target it is ideal to research the needs specific to that area.
- Featured snippets are a great way as it helps in bringing an exact answer to a search query on SERP. For instance, multiple images showing the steps one by one can be included in the content when creating content oh ‘how to post an image on Facebook”. When a user will search for the stated topic, they will find the image step-by-step guide right beside the link on SERP.
- Using an ordered list, unordered list, paragraphs, etc. in website content helps in optimisation of the website, or that particular web page. Integrating more videos to show up in result pages, helps attain user satisfaction, as user expects the same from content.
- YouTube videos are a strategic way to hold onto users’ attention and direct them to the website. That indeed is a great way for YouTube marketing as well. Another way to optimise images is to add Alt. texts to them. When a page takes too long to load, Alt. text helps give a crisp description of the image.
Create Location Specific Webpages
Businesses design location-specific web pages to deliver specific services to a particular area. This is an on-page SEO technique that helps cater to sell services to the target audience of a local area.
- It will help the users to know what kind of services the business is selling. Users can use location pages to know specific features of the service being sold, the pricing listed, business hours, extra perks, and benefits available (if any), etc.
- In certain cases, if a business adds special offers and discounts, they can highlight the same in their location pages for better optimisation.
- Moreover, when a business operates in a local area, it is vital to make people of that area acknowledge the specifications of the services.
- This will help aid in gaining more customers, as well as, attract more people to engage with the business.
How to Do?
- Use location pages to optimise for location-specific aspects as per local SEO strategies. It must contain detailed features of that particular service.
- For instance, an exhaust service page of a garage should entail a detailed explanation of exhaust specific features. If the business is of junk street food, then the business must have a service page denoted to particular junk foods available in their shop.
- Doing so will enable customers to understand and perceive the business in a better way. Along with that, when websites put forward information in this structured framework, it increases visibility and readability. In turn, increasing the engagement rate of the website traffic.
- It is needful to change the structure of every location page, the word count must be different for all, and different keyword placement and area-determined features. A website can have multiple location web pages designated to services in multiple branch areas.
In addition, certain businesses create branches within a bigger area. In this context, businesses should frame more location pages for increasing user access.
Local SEO strategy has become increasingly important for businesses trying g to grow from smaller areas. Creating a trust bond with the local audience is a must-have factor in business growth. Understanding these tips such as local keywords inclusion, location pages, and others will help a website rank higher and be able to serve user intent. In turn, it will aid in generation of website traffic flow, and high revenue and foster business growth locally.
Subhodip Das is the CEO of Das Writing Services Pvt. Ltd., which is an SEO-optimised and non-plagiarised content-generating firm. He is in this business for the last decade and after a lot of hard work and dedication has brought this company under the top 10 in Kolkata.
After completing his Engineering and being unsatisfied with his 9 to 5 job, he started everything from scratch along with his two friends. Now, this company has become a family of more than 65 professionally trained and creative content writers, bringing 85% of repetitive customers.