Just as the article on TechCrunch states, AWS stills dominates the cloud solutions industry, and the rest of the world is going to get fierce competition from the tech giant in their journey to get ahead. For the longest time, AWS has continued to expand itsmarket share by adding new products and services at a rapid pace that makes it even more challenging for big names in the tech world like Microsoft Azure to make a real dent in the leadership of the market share.
Hence, it is clear that organizations and companies around the world leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a diversified and fantastic range of solutions and products its offers. Improved agility, flexibility, and cost-efficiency are just a few benefits that drive a lot of businesses towards AWS solutions. Several affordable web design service providers recommend AWS solutions.
That said, the increasing demand for AWS has also led the brand to offer a vast range of website management tools that cover broad aspects of storage, network, and database solutions. As your internal network and infrastructure expand, it is always beneficial to incorporate tools from industry experts that establish more visibility, security, scalability, and control within your system.
While AWS offers a vast collection of products, solutions, and tools, it can get a little overwhelming for some people to find the right platform for their needs, mainly if they are not familiar with the services of AWS. Hence, we have listed down the AWS tools and services that are more appropriate for website management and infrastructure.
Table of Contents
Tools suitable for website owners
Amazon Web Services offer anextensive range of platforms and products that can facilitate you from getting your website up and running to providing website monitoring and management tools. You can use AWS to quickly launch website software like Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla with a single click and using preconfigured solutions from various third party solutions available in AWS Marketplace.However, let’s look at a few of the most appropriate Aws tools and services for website management and solutions.
AWS CloudFormation tool offers a common language for you to provision core assets and third party resources in your cloud environment. This AWS tool allows you to use a simple text file or programming languages to facilitate all the resources required for your platform across all accounts and areas, in an automated and reliable manner.
AWS CloudFormation is the tool you need to deploy other platforms like LAMP. The CloudFormation allows you to use the free and open-source software to build up a dynamic website that is capable of serving tens of thousands of requests at once. The CloudFormation bootstrap scripts also enable you to deploy Windows Server 2008 R2 in your AWS account.
A few basic features of AWS CloudFormation, include:
- It enables you to model and provision your cloud infrastructure using a single-source text file.
- You can standardize your infrastructure across the organization using a simple process.
- The provisions can be automated, and you can deploy them again and again without having to rebuild them.
- It helps demystify your cloud infrastructure by treating it as what it is, a code.
- CloudFormation allows you to model and provision your resources using a simple text file.
Click here to find out more about AWS CloudFormation
Amazon Lightsail is an AWS service that provides an easy way to launch and manage your virtual private server. The tool offers you everything you require to kickstart your projects, such as SSD-based storage, virtual machine, data transfer, static IP, and DNS management.
A few basic features of Amazon Lightsail, include:
- It provides developers the storage, computing, and networking capacity to deploy as well as manage websites, web apps, and databases in the cloud.
- It allows you to scale your website over time by improving its availability by integrating other Lightsail resources, including attached block storage, load balancers, and managed databases.
- A publically accessible API drives all that you do in the Lightsail console.
- Lightsail is a great option for developers who prefer using a simple management interface and projects that need a dozen instances (preconfigured virtual private servers) or less.
- Your Lightsail account allows you to create up to 5 static IPs, 20 Lightsail instances, 3 DNS zones, 20 TB of attached block storage, 5 load balancers, and 40 databases.
Click here to find out more about Amazon Lightsail.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud or Amazon EC2 adds scalable computing capability in the AWS cloud. It provides virtual application servers or instances to host web applications and websites. It excludes the need for you to invest in hardware upfront, which means you can develop and deploy web projects faster.
A few basic features of Amazon EC2, include:
- Amazon EC2 enables you to scale up and down to manage better the changes in requirements and ups and downs in popularity. It allows you to no more worry about forecasting the traffic.
- Amazon EC2 allows you to launch as many virtual serves as you require, configure security and networking, handle storage.
- Amazon EC2 offers preconfigured templates of instances (virtual computing environments) called Amazon Machine Images, AMIs, which store the bits you need for your server.
- Users can secure the login information for their instances by using the key pairs, where AWS handles the public key, and users manage the private key.
- It provides persistent storage volumes to manage your data by using Amazon EBS (Amazon Elastic Block Store).
- Auto Scaling is a feature of Amazon EC2 that helps you make sure that you have the right quantity of amazon EC2 instances to manage the load of your application effectively. You build the collections of EC2 instances using Auto Scaling groups, where you can specify the minimum number of instances you want in each group.
Click here to find out more about Amazon EC2.
A few basic features of Amazon S3, include:
- The easy to follow interface makes itsimple for you to store and retrieve any volume of data from anywhere on the web and at any given time. It makes web-scale computing less troublesome for developers.
- Amazon S3 offers developers access to the same level of scalable, fast, reliable, and inexpensive data storage infrastructure as used by Amazon to operate its worldwide network of websites.
- Amazon S3 makes it easy for you to create buckets and name them. Buckets are the containers Amazon S3 uses to store data.
- It allows you to save an unlimited amount of data with a bucket. You can save as many objects into an Amazon bucket as you like, where every object can carry up to 5 TB of data.
- You also can allow or deny access to anyone who wants to upload or download any data from your Amazon S3 bucket. It helps you secure your data from unauthorized access.
Click here to find out more about Amazon S3.
Amazon Route 53
Amazon Route 53 is an amazon service and management tool. It provides highly scalable and accessible Domain Name System (DNS) web services. Amazon Route 53 basically helps you perform three primary functions, including domain registration, health checking, and DNS routing.
A few basic features of Amazon Route 53, include:
- Route 53 helps you register the domain name or website address for your website or web app, which is something all businesses, brands, and entrepreneurs need to do when building their website.
- It helps to divert the internet traffic for your domain onto your resources. It means that when a user enters your domain name into the browser, Route 53 enables the browsers to connect with your website or web app.
- Route 53 helps to check the health of your resources. It sends automated generated requests to your resource over the internet, like a webserver to check if it’s available, reachable, and functional. If you want, you can also choose to receive the notifications when any resource shows unavailable. You can opt to drive the traffic away from problematic resources.
Click here to find out more about Amazon Route 53.
Amazon Rational Database Service or Amazon RDS is a web service that helps you to set up, function smoothly, and scale a relational database within the AWS cloud environment. It offers a cost-efficient industry-standard relational database with a resizable capacity that manages the regular database administration activities.
A few basic features of Amazon RDS, include:
- Amazon RDS takes various challenging and tedious management tasks related to a relational database upon itself.
- Amazon RDS helps you divide and scale CPU, storage, memory, and IOPS independently, as they all come bundled together when you buy a server. Amazon RDS makes it possible for you to get more of some elements and less of others.
- It also handles the backups, automatic failure detection, and recovery, as well as software patching.
- You can choose to automate the process creating backups or perform them manually. These backups can help you restore a database at any time, and the Amazon RDS does this efficiently and reliably.
- Amazon RDS allows you to use database products that you are familiar with, like Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, and PostgreSQL.
- Along with security in your database plan, users also have control over who gets access to their RDS databases by using the tool AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to set up authorized users and permissions. You can also choose to protect your databases by keeping them in a virtual private cloud.
Click here to learn more about Amazon RDS service.
Amazon Translate is a great product that websites can utilize, particularly businesses that have customers and audiences in multiple countries. With increasing globalization, a lot of companies expand their business to cater to the international market, which means their digital presence needs to be efficient enough to reach a diversified audience effectively. Amazon Translate provides you the services to naturally and accurately translate your content. This tool is fast, affordable, and delivers high-quality results.
A few basic features of Amazon Translate, include:
- It is easy to integrate into your website and applications, and it adds real-time and batch translation capabilities into your software.
- Its engines are continually learning from new and extended datasets to deliver more accurate results.
- They offer you customization options, which allows you to describe how your brand elements should appear after translation.
- You can scale the services, from just a few words to a huge volume of text. The platform provides fast and reliable translations regardless of the size of the translation request.
Click here to learn more about the Amazon Translate tool.
AWS Systems Manager
AWS Systems Manager is like a management tool for all the other AWS products and services companies and organizations use. It helps you gain operational insights and take necessary action regarding your AWS resources.
AWS Systems Manager provides you more visibility and control over your infrastructure on AWS. It gives a unified user interface that allows you to keep an eye on operational data while automating more tasks.
A few basic features of AWS Systems Manager, include:
- Amazon Systems Manager enables you to group tools like Amazon S3 buckets, Amazon EC2 instances, and Amazon RDS instance and better monitor your operations for timely troubleshooting and taking necessary action on your AWS resources.
- It helps easily and quickly identify and resolve operational problems and manage your infrastructure and resources at scale.
- Amazon Systems Manager allows companies to manage their servers overs AWS and on-premises data center using a single interface. It communicates securely with a lightweight agent installed in the servers to perform the management tasks.
Click here to learn more about the AWS Systems Manager service.
The final thought
This was the list of website management tools and solutions by AWS that can facilitate diverse companies to improve efficiency, scalability, and security of their cloud infrastructure. Make sure you research and learn more about the services provided by AWS catering to the needs of websites and web apps before selecting the most appropriate tools for your business.
Jane Collen is a creative content writer and digital marketer at CydoMedia. She works closely with B2C and B2B businesses providing blog writing, video script writing, ghostwriting, copywriting and social media marketing services. I have worked on too many sites which are related to Tech, travel, health, education, and fitness.