25+ Unbelievable Instagram Tips, Hacks & Features Everyone Should Know in 2021
Are you ready to learn interesting Instagram hacks to enhance your content?
Instagram is one of the trendiest platforms ever! It is an excellent platform for getting more marketing opportunities. Whether you are never using this platform before or looking to use Instagram in the best way, we have 25+ effective hacks and features to take your usage to the next level.
Instagram Hacks For Your Profile:
Your Instagram profile is the perfect strategy for users to know who you are and what you do within seconds. That being said, it is no secret that growing your online presence on Instagram is not always easy. Building a large following can take a considerable amount of time and therefore it might be a good idea to do some research into a few of the different Instagram growth services out there like Growthoid. Just remember to always read plenty of reviews online before deciding which Instagram growth service might be best for you. Accordingly, you can find plenty of helpful reviews on the Growthoid website https://growthoid.com/
1. Switch To A Business Profile
If you are a brand that decided to promote your brand on Instagram, you have an Instagram business profile to declare your business officially. Even you will get more opportunities such as running ads, getting insights, etc., if you have a business profile.
- How to switch over Instagram business profile?
- Go to your profile page and tap three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Tap settings->account->switch to business account
- Now Instagram recommends you connect your business account to a Facebook page. At the same time, you can connect only one Facebook page to your Instagram business account.
- Add some details such as account category and contact information.
- Tap “Done” if you finished.
2. Add Line Breaks To Your Bio
You can use separate lines to add a short description of your brand and company. But, Instagram doesn’t provide any feature to make this easy for you. You can follow two ways to add line breaks to your bio, there are:
- Simply open the notes app on your mobile and type your bio in there with line breaks. Then copy your bio from your notes app and paste it into your bio on Instagram.
- Go to Instagram.com on your laptop and sign in to your account.
From your profile page, click edit profile.It will move to the settings tab, where you can write your bio into the text box with line breaks. Click submit, and it will update your profile.
3. Link To Other Profile In Your Bio
When you include a @ or # before a word or account, other users can click it to know more about your brand!. It gives you the perfect opportunity to promote more accounts on the app. How to link other profiles or hashtags in your bio?
- Go to your profile page and click edit profile.
- You can add any Instagram accounts with @ symbol and any hashtags with a # symbol in the bio.
- Tap “Done” when you are finished.
- Instagram will automatically add your text link to your Instagram profile or hashtag.
4. Use Special Characters To Your Bio
You can make your bio in fun and different styles with some cute emojis. Here are few steps to create a killer bio:
- Type up your Instagram bio in a word or google document.
- Where you would like to add a special character or emojis tap insert->advanced symbol.
- Here you can find different symbols and styles you’d like to include.
- Add the symbols in your bio.
- Copy the text from your doc and paste it into your bio.
- Tap “Done.”
Instagram Hacks For Stories:
Instagram stories are a fun and effective way to engage your audience. Instagram stories enable you to upload multiple photos and videos at any time. These stories appear together in a slideshow format, and it automatically disappears after 24 hours.
With Instagram stories, you can quickly stand out your brand in front of a wider audience!.
5. Use Instagram Story Templates
Instagram stories provide templates for users to maintain consistency and save time. Most businesses and influencers create their own branded stories through templates with a unique color, style, and format. It will give the opportunity to grab attention and get more views!
One of the valuable benefits of using Instagram templates is that it makes it easy to create brand content and grow your business within a short time.
6. Instagram Stories Stickers
Instagram story stickers are a great way to get more story views and boost your engagement. But you should make your stickers stand from the massive audience and grab your audience’s attention.
For example, you can create a background for the countdown sticker.
- First, you choose a simple background and add the countdown sticker.
- Save this story to your camera roll.
- Use the background eraser remover app for removing your background colors.
- Save the image to your camera roll when you finished.
- Open the “Over” app and add your countdown sticker to your logo folder.
- You can use this countdown sticker when you post stories on Instagram.
7. Use Hashtags To Get More Story Views
Did you know that you can add up to 30 hashtags for each of your stories?
But don’t use more hashtags, and it will get a negative thought for your stories. You can use up to 10 relevant hashtags per post to get more engagement. Adding a branded hashtag to your story will give an opportunity for getting more Instagram story views and receive new followers to your profile.
Hence, a story with perfect hashtags will translate into more engagement, more followers, and more customers for your business.
8. Preview Your Instagram Story
Instagram stories feature allows you to upload multiple stories at a time. Also, you can preview your stories before putting them live!.
Here is the step to preview your stories:
- Tap the Instagram stories camera.
- Click the multiple images icon in the top right corner.
- You can select up to 10 photos or videos from your phone gallery.
- On the edit screen, you will see a preview option of the photos and videos you selected.
- You can tap each slide and edit then individually.
- Once you finished editing all images, a preview option will be enabled in the order you selected them.
- Once you preview your story, simply tap the “your story” option at the bottom of the screen.
9. Reorder Instagram Story Highlights
You can upload your best content on the Instagram highlights feature. It will show your content in front of a wider audience on your profile. If you upload multiple videos on the highlight feature, your videos frequently appear one by one. So, users can scroll your videos to find them. Also, you are able to change the order of your Instagram stories highlights:
- Click and hold the story you want to move to the front of your highlight list.
- From here, tap edit highlight ->archive
- Click to add an Instagram story to your highlight.
- Click “Done”
Instagram Hacks For Comments :
10. Turn Off Your Activity Status
If you don’t have to let the audience know when you are or aren’t on Instagram, you have the option to turn off your activity status.
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap the hamburger menu
- Tap settings
- Tap privacy->activity status->turn off activity status.
11. Filter Your Comments
Comments are an excellent part of engaging your audience and get more feedback on your posts. On Instagram, you are able to filter your comments based on specific keywords.
- Go to your profile and click the hamburger menu.
- Tap settings->click privacy>tap comments->turn on manual filter.
- This feature allows you to hide comments with specific words and phrases.
12. Set Up Quick Reply To Comments
Sometimes you will get a lot of the same questions on your posts. You can set up a faster reply method on your posts, which can help you respond to each of their comments efficiently.
To do this, open your Instagram profile and tap the three lines button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap settings->business settings->quick replies.
- Tap the + button in the top right corner.
- Here, you can create both the keyboard shortcut and the quick reply.
- Tap save option.
13. Hide Comments From Your Posts
A single comment is equal to thousands of words, so you should keep your comment section quiet. On Instagram, you can hide irrelevant comments:
From your profile, tap hamburger menu->tap settings->privacy->comments->hide offensive comments. It enables auto filters for rude comments on your posts.
You can also disable your comments on a specific post by clicking advanced settings->turn off commenting.
Instagram Hacks For Photos And Videos:
14. Add Cover Photo For Your Video
- Once you have made the video you want to post on Instagram, you can upload it and select next.
- At the bottom of your screen, you will get options like trim, filter, cover.
- Tap cover opinion.
- Here, you can see a bar line under your video. If you scroll the bar, you’ll be able to see different styles from your video.
- Choose the best one and tap next.
- Next, you can write your caption and upload your feed.
15. Schedule Your Posts In Advance
Scheduling your Instagram posts in advance is the best way to save your time. You can use the Hootsuite Instagram analytics tool to schedule your posts. In your Hootsuite dashboard, you can create, edit and upload your visuals through the create icon.
Click schedule for later in the bottom right and select the time and date.
Pro Tip: Hootusuit’s auto schedule feature will automatically find the best time to post content on Instagram.
16. Bookmark Your Favorite Posts
With an Instagram bookmark, you can privately save your most liked posts to your profile. So, you can quickly find them if you want. You can easily bookmark posts you’d like:
- Find a post you’d like to bookmark.
- Tap the bookmark icon under the post.
- It will automatically add to a generic collection.
- If you’d like to send it to another person, choose to save the collection and tap the + icon to create a new collection.
- To see your saved posts, go to your profile->tap hamburger menu->tap saved.
17. Remove Old Posts
On Instagram, you can hide or remove your old posts to the archive function.
- Tap the three dots (…) at the top of the post you want to remove.
- Select archive.
- Go to your profile and tap the three horizontal lines at the right corner.
- Tap archive.
- Here, you can view all the archived posts and stories.
- You can also restore your content to your public profile. Simply tap the “show on the profile” option.
18. Set Daily Reminder
You can set a reminder to let you know when you’ve spent time on Instagram. Save yourself with Instagram’s inbuilt daily timer.
- Go to your profile page
- Tap the hamburger menu at the top right corner
- Click “your activity” ->set a daily reminder
- Set a specific time and tap set reminder
General Instagram Hacks And Features:
19. Add Multiple Accounts
- From your Instagram profile, tap the horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap the “Add Account” option.
- Add your other Instagram account with a proper username and password.
You can access both profiles and click your profile icon in the navigation bar to view a connected account. You can also switch to a different account through the settings page.
20. Post Other Users Content
Instagram stories are a great feature to give your content exposure on your follower’s homepage. You can share other users inspiring videos to your Instagram stories.
- Find a post you want to share in your stories feed and tap the airplane icon near the comment icon.
- Herr, you can send this post to specific followers or add a post to your story.
- Tap add post to our story option, it will automatically upload to your Instagram stories feed.
21. Delete Instagram Search History
When you want to clear your Instagram search history, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile.
- Click the settings button.
- Tap the gear icon (three horizontal lines)
- Scroll down and click security.
- Select the clear search history option
- Your search history will automatically disappear.
22. Get Post Notification
On Instagram, you can choose to get a notification every time a specific user posts a new photo or video. You need to turn on notifications for each user’s profile.
- Visit the user’s profile
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the posts.
- Click notifications.
- Tap on notifications for either posts or stories.
You can use the same steps if you want to turn off notifications.
23. Search Instagram Account with Username
Did you know you can search for users without an Instagram account?
You can use the username you already know and add it to the end of the Instagram URL like www.instagram.com/halison. It will bring you to our Instagram profile, and you can see all of their activities. Otherwise, you can use google search like “site:instagram.com[name of the user].
24. See All the Posts You’ve Liked
You can see all the posts you’ve liked on Instagram. All you have to do is:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Click settings
- Tap gear icon
- Click “account” and tap “posts you’ve liked.”
You can see all the posts you liked in the past on this tab. If you want to unlike any of the posts, select the post you want to deselect and tap the heart icon below the video.
25. Measure Your Account Success
When you have an Instagram business account, you can easily track your account’s performance.
- Tap the Instagram profile icon in the top right corner.
- Tap insights tab.
It will move to the analytics page for your business profile. Once you open your insights, you will be able to find different metrics and analytics for your posts, stories, and audience demographics.
Instagram is one of the fastest-growing platforms in the world, and it has more than 1 billion active followers per month. Many Instagram features and hacks can help to enhance your brand’s presence on Instagram. Hence, you should know how to use the app more effectively!