9 Best Plugins for Recovering Abandoned Carts on e-Commerce Sites
Starting a business and organizing it until it reaches success is a big achievement in itself. If you are doing it right, you will meet up the sales as per your expectations. But if you are not doing it right, you have to consider your firm’s few grave threats. While the common threats are addressed so many times, but in this blog, we will be highlighting the most ignored yet serious threat, and that is cart abandonment.
Cart Abandonment refers to a situation where a visitor adds items to their online shopping cart and leaves the website without making a purchase. It can be due to many reasons such as trust issues, incompatible payment procedures, customer personal reasons, and much more. Whatever is the reason, as an entrepreneur, it’s always disheartening to see visitors not making a final purchase. According to the latest statistics, on average, the online shopping cart abandonment rate is 69.57% globally. These statistics are enough to show that businesses require much more than a plan and execution.
You may be thinking of recovering abandonment manually, but there are a lot of plugins that can help you in bringing back your customers by reminding or luring them with discounts/coupons and persuade them to make a purchase. Here are the 9 best plugins for recovering abandonment carts on e-commerce sites:
This plugin helps in recovering abandoned carts in a single click. It automatically sends the email reminders to customers who have left their items in the cart. The plugin not only recovers the lost carts but also motivates customers to make the next purchase. How? By sending coupons for the next purchase. The plugin is free to download and can be integrated with powerful e-commerce platforms like WooCommerce and Shopify.
It is one of the popular choices for reducing abandoned carts and recovering lost sales in e-commerce sites. Although there are several ways to lure visitors to complete the purchase, the power of Optimonk plugin lies in its unique features such as:
- The exit-intent technology grabs the attention of the visitors exactly at the moment when they are going to leave the website.
- Based on the visitor’s background and history, timings, and visited pages, it creates messages and targets every visitor with a customized message.
- It has a user-friendly dashboard where users can create and customize a beautiful on-site message.
- It allows users to do A/B testing with different content, designs, layout, and structures.
- The plugin can be integrated with popular e-commerce sites, CRM, newsletters, and CMS.
It is another great plugin for recovering abandoned cart on e-commerce sites. The plugin lets users set a cut-off time for a product to be considered as abandoned. It also lets them set the duration after which the abandoned cart will be removed/deleted. Some of its other notable features include:
- It lets users create customized emails that can be linked to any cart.
- It sends users notification for the recovery of the cart.
- It sends reminders to customers regarding the items in their cart.
- It creates strategy based on specific user roles.
- It allows users to include discount coupons in an email template.
- It communicates with the customer in their language.
- Campaign Rabbit:
You must have noticed that you have been following a particular brand for months and one day you just left items in your cart for any reason. The moment you left the item, you get an email from that particular brands regarding your abandonment products. What is the reason behind that? Well, we are sure you must know it. Email marketing is a great way to recover cart abandonment. It has provided and still providing help to the companies in recovering the lost sales. And what’s the better way to have a plugin which is providing immeasurable profits through email marketing. We are talking none other than Campaign Rabbit plugin. Here are the few notable features of the plugin:
- It sends the reminder email to customers at set intervals who have abandoned their carts.
- It automatically sends follow up emails to the customers.
- It wins back the inactive customers by offering them special offers through automated campaigns.
- It automatically gives product recommendations to the customer. For instance, if they are buying shoes, it will recommend them socks.
- It has an intuitive drag-and-drop visual email builder to create beautiful emails.
- Abandoned Cart Lite:
The next plugin in our list is the Abandoned Cart Lite. It sends the email notification to both guests as well as registered customers who haven’t completed their checkout process. Here are some of its unique features:
- It allows users to recover their abandoned carts in a single click.
- It lets users recover the information of the abandoned orders.
- It also tracked the abandoned order’s value v/s recovery orders value. Admin will receive email notification of the recovered orders.
- Users can send unlimited email templates at the set intervals.
It is another tool to fight the problem of an abandoned cart. Once you download and install the plugin, it automatically sends customized newsletters to both guests as well as registered customers who have left out their items in the cart. Users can send an unlimited number of campaigns to send recovery emails to cart abandoners. Emails can be fully personalized by using an easy-to-use yet powerful drag-and-drop editor, and advanced liquid merges tags. By using this tool, users can also do post-purchase follow-ups.
Recapture is the most effective and easiest way to recover abandoned carts and do email marketing for easy download sites. The plugin supports WooCommerce as well. Here are some of its unique features:
- Emails from Recapture are set up using out-of-the-box best practices so that users can switch them on instantly. Users can also modify those emails with a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor or even personalized the content using full HTML.
- Although the campaigns come with the ideal timings, users are free to modify it according to their requirement.
- The plugin also gives the benefits of additional four plugins without much difficulty.
- Users can set as many campaigns, customize the design and text of every email.
- Save Abandoned Cart:
Officially known as WooCommerce Live Checkout Filed capture, the plugin saves every activity of the guest and registered users who have left the cart without completing their purchase process. Here are its most notable features:
- It captures the information at the checkout stage before any users save the abandoned cart.
- For guest customers, the ‘Remember checkout’ field allows them to refresh the checkout page after entering the information, without losing the data entered in the checkout form.
- The exit-intent-pop-up help users in acquiring the email address of the customers so that they can send them reminder emails for the left out items.
- When the customer come back and complete the purchase, they will be removed from the checkout field.
An abandoned cart is a major problem that is being faced by almost every e-commerce business. It takes a lot of efforts to deal with this problem. Individuals who run and e-commerce businesses can use these plugins and deal with the problem easily.