The Ultimate Guide For YouTube Advertisement For Every Brand
Many marketers and starting businesses have a tremendous opportunity to create an ad in front of a target audience. Over 2 billion active users are there, and more than 50% of videos are viewed per year. YouTube is the largest video sharing platform around the world.
If you decide to promote your business or brand quickly, YouTube is the vast and powerful platform for establishing your brand to the target audience. Once you create an ad on the YouTube platform, it reaches your target audience.
You don’t need huge talent to make a YouTube ad, but you have a clear mind that will make your business’s revenue through video content.
In this article, we will see the YouTube advertisement and how it helps improve your business. Also, we can see how to create a YouTube ad campaign with a sufficient budget.
Types of YouTube Advertisement:
Now, your mind is ready to create an ad for your brand. But before that, you have to choose the perfect ad campaign that suits your budget and brand. These are,
- Skippable in-stream ads
- Non-skippable in-stream ads
- Video discovery ads
- Non-video ads
Choose any one of the ad types and use it to promote your brand to reach the audience quickly. Now, we can create in-depth knowledge about each campaign and budget.
1. Skippable in-stream Video Ads:
Skippable ads, also known as Trueview ads. These kinds of ads don’t force your audience to view the ads. It plays on before, during, or after a video. The ultimate feature of this ad is that the viewers skip the advertisement after the 5 sec (when it starts)
As an advertiser, you can pay for this ad when the audience chooses to continue watching after 5 sec. The length of this ad is at least 12 sec long. You will pay when the audience has viewed the first 30 seconds or the entire ad. If they are interested in your advertisement, they continue to watch the ad by clicking.
These in-stream ads help to customize your video ads with overlay text and different CTAs.
Note: This Trueview ad is called YouTube’s pet because the payment method is you can pay for ad impressions when the viewer selects it.
For example, the famous B2B company Friday.com makes skippable in-stream ads to reach the audience quickly. On the right side, the 5-sec countdown will go so the audience can skip the ad. On the left side, you will see a merely long ad under the video.
Like, B2C companies use these kinds of ads to promote their memberships. This ad will play for nearly 2 minutes.
2. Non-Skippable in-stream Video Ads:
According to the report, 76% of people say that they automatically skip the video. Hence, few marketers prefer the ad plays on before or during the video that doesn’t have any skip button.
The question is, “when will I use this ad?” Right! Many advertisers have these questions.
The answer is when you aim to enhance your brand awareness and when you’re confident will be strong enough to grab the audience’s attention for a 15 to 20-sec duration.
You will pay for non-skippable ads, pay per impression at CPM (1000 views)
This particular ad works for 20 seconds in a few countries: India, Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, or EMEA.
The bumper ad is a six-second ad and unskippable ad when it plays on before a YouTube video. This ad’s main benefits are best for spreading brand awareness and getting maximum reach among the audience.
Bumper ads definitely can’t explain your brand story, but it helps introduce your brand to your target audience. Make sure to use this six seconds ad and add any one of the components of your brand. However, you will pay for this and only CPM; it will be charged per 1000 impressions.
The price will vary based on competition and targeting. Therefore, you will set a daily budget and a maximum CPM to make sure you don’t spend more!
3. Video Discovery Ads:
These ads are formerly known as TrueView video discovery ads on YouTube discovery ads. They are a perfect way to improve your business to reach your brand or products in front of the target people.
Discovery ads look like a TV commercial ad related to the ads you see on Google’s search results page. The most remembered info is YouTube is as much as a search engine as a social platform.
These ads are displayed alongside organic search results. Hence, your video is more relevant than the organic results, and people can watch it instead of blogs.
YouTube discovery ads that are displayed on YouTube thumbnail, title, and description along with other videos. When the interested people click it, it directly goes to your video page or YouTube channel. This ad may appear on top of the YouTube results page, suggested videos section, and the mobile app’s homepage.
Sidebar: Video discovery ads are also a type of TrueView ad because most audiences must actively choose to watch them.
4. Non-Video Ads:
YouTube provides a non-video ad for marketers to do a video without a budget. These ads are two types.
- Display Ads: This ad displays on the right sidebar and adds a text and image, along with a CTA option to link your website.
- Overlay Ads: It appears on top of the YouTube video content from the monetized channels.
In the competitive world, both ad types display in conjunction with related content.
The described all ad types must be useful to enhance your brand and improve your website traffic. After reading all the ad types, select any one which suits your brand. If you’re creating the ad for the first time, you must check the campaign performance after deciding that the campaign continues or pauses.
I hope that you are clear about Youtube advertising. Now, we will see how to create a campaign on YouTube.
First of all, create a YouTube ad video. It should be creative and grab the audience. Then start to upload the video to your YouTube channel. Check before accurately, the video is public or private.
1. Make Your Ad Campaign:
Login to Google ads accounts, and choose a new campaign. That YouTube marketing campaign must be related to your brand’s marketing objectives:
- Website traffic
- Brand awareness and reach
❖ Select the Campaign Type:
It includes all the forms of Google ads like text, shopping, and search results. Therefore, ensure that you can select video or, in some cases. Discovery campaigns to show your video on YouTube. (choose any one video or discovery)
● Choose the Campaign Subtype:
Your campaign video will be ready, and then you will want to choose your video campaign subtype.
2. Explain the Campaign Parameters:
● Bid Strategy:
- Choose your bid strategy. Your campaign type will find the following metrics: (conversions, clicks, impressions, etc.)
- With a steady mind, enter the budget per day or the total amount you are ready to spend for the campaign. ( Enter the start and end date, the campaign will pause automatically)
- The most important is choosing the ad where it will display. (choose the ad as mentioned above types)
- Enter the location and audience language. You will select ads worldwide or target a particular country. (don’t forget that only 15% of YouTube traffic comes from the US, so before selecting the region, think broadly)
- The important section is to choose the “sensitive” brand safety guidelines, which means violence; how much profanity and adult content are you willing to have your ads run alongside. Therefore, be careful to handle this section, which may drive up the price you pay.
3. Campaign Live:
Click the ad and tap the create a campaign button to set your campaign running.
If you want to get enterprising and start experimenting with ad campaigns, where you will upload several types of ads which support each other and can be arranged to your audience surface in the right order.
4. Target Your Audience:
Still, you haven’t created a buyer persona; this is the perfect time to do this. You should know about your audience, target them, and get a higher ROI.
- Demographics: It covers gender, age, parental status, etc. But YouTube offers more detailed data that you can target college students, homeowners, new parents, etc.
- Interests: Your topic should be creative and effective to grab your target audience. Hence, you can use the related topic and keywords which are related to your content. Aim for the YouTube metrics to improve YouTube likes, comments, and shares, etc.
- Engagement: If YouTube videos have high-quality content, then viewers take action on your YouTube page, which means they will share their thoughts via likes, dislikes, comments, and shares, etc.
In all cases, the most important action is the comments. Your video content gets both comments like positive and negative. If your audience leaves engaging comments, they will receive YouTube comment likes for their comments.
- Remarketing: Marketing your product on YouTube is a common strategy, but marketing the same product in various methods is called remarketing. For instance, uploading your video on YouTube after sharing the video link on other social media platforms is remarketing!
Decide where you want to display on the screen.
- YouTube Search: YouTube video ads will display in search results, and it will display on the channel pages, YouTube homepage, and YouTube videopages.
- YouTube Videos: TrueView ads that can display in-stream ads & in-display ads. With this option, you will choose your YouTube video ad to display on before or around the videos across the GDN (Google Display Network).
6. Advanced Settings:
In the advanced settings section, you can customize your start and end dates for your campaign. Make a schedule for when your video ad should be shown, and allocate your daily budget to limit daily impressions and views from users.
Additional Tips – YouTube Marketing Goals:
If you want to optimize your YouTube videos, you should follow the following ideas. This strategy helps to improve your ranking and get significant results.
1. Video Title:
A new user enters YouTube for the first time, and their first sightseeing is a title. Hence, your video title should be attractive and related to your video content. Placing keywords is the most effective way to improve your ranking on search engine pages. Add keywords at the beginning of the title, which helps to improve your ranking!
2. Video Description:
Video description plays a major role in YouTube ranking and SEO process. It helps to explain the entire story about the brand. The total limit of the video description is 5000 characters. You can add a short story about your brand, and you can include the related keywords that help improve your ranking.
Add the CTA options in the description part, which assist your audience directly to your website. We recommend that you do not add a long story in this part. Give short and crisp content to add a different audience to your channel.
3. YouTube Thumbnail:
Compelling thumbnails create a path for your target audience to increase the website rankings. These YouTube thumbnails must be related to the video’s content and video title. Include high-quality and relevant images in your thumbnails, which help the viewer understand your video content.
YouTube suggests the related thumbnails before uploading the content. But, it’s not clear and high quality. If you are not satisfied, you will create a thumbnail using your style.
The tips for making a thumbnail should be attractive colors like green, orange, white, etc. The standard sizes are 1280×720. The image formats should be JPG, JPEG, PNG, & GIF.
4. YouTube Tags:
YouTube Tags are playing a major role in YouTube videos. These tags are descriptive and related keywords that you can add to your YouTube video to help the viewers find your content. These tags can be useful to improve your content and to rank on YouTube’s 1st pages.
If you want the video to appear on the 1st page, use the following strategy.
First Tag is the brand target Keyword. For example, if your brand is a wooden table. Take related keywords using keyword tools and analyze which keywords have a high impression and search. Use the keyword in the YouTube tags,
After uploading a video, you must analyze your video performance like views, watch hours, likes, subscribers count, comments, etc.