“It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.”
- Jeff Eisenberg, Advertiser
And when it comes to doubling business conversion rates, one cannot afford to overlook the aspect of Search Engine Optimisation. With the SEO industry poised to reach the mark of $80 Billion by 2020, it goes without saying that the world of digital business will be largely based on the functionalities of SEO.
Optimising business websites for search engine rankings is said to be the most effective way to drive traffic to a website without spending huge bucks on advertisements. Especially, if you have a small business, roping in SEO professionals or investing in digitised SEO tools can prove to be efficient, both in terms of global exposure and easy Return on Investment.
Now that you are aspiring to take your digital business to the next level, know how to implement advanced SEO strategies to benefit your business in the desired way.
- SEO and content creation should go hand in hand
Producing quality content is said to be one of the major SEO marketing trends in 2019. It will hardly matter if you have a small, medium or large-sized business. If your website lacks quality content, targeting the coveted group of audience for the maximum digital exposure will be difficult.
- Your content should abide by the conventions of Google algorithms. This means you must create content that establishes a connection between the keywords, content headlines and Meta descriptions.
- Prioritise coming up with long-form content for higher SEO ranking. Google algorithms penalise the practice of keyword stuffing. Make sure your content turns out to be informative, instead of stuffed with too many keywords ruining the very essence of it.
- Content doesn’t necessarily mean text. It can be a video content as well. As a matter of fact, 51% of marketing professionals identify video as the type of content with the best Return on Investment. Think it over.
Takeaway: You may choose to utilise the potential of digitised content creation tools such as Fotor, Snappa and VideoShop to fuel your content creation efforts.
- Consider optimising your social media profiles
Do you know 42% of the world’s population uses social media? That’s 3.2 billion users to be precise. Imagine roping in even half of the entire count as your prospective audience. Ensuring the maximum digital exposure for your trade shall no more be a major concern.
- Create a dedicated Facebook page for your business and optimise the same for local searches.
- While linking social channels with business websites, prioritise including your office address, state, city and zip code in the description column.
- Use catchy words and phrases while optimising social media profiles. Also, include keywords that are relevant to your business, along with jargons your target audience would use while searching for your business.
- Make sure your business is listed in the correct category while editing the “basic information” in your Facebook page.
Takeaway: Use social media marketing tools such asBuzzSumo, Sprout Social and Facebook Analytics to create and monitor your Social media marketing effort effectively.
- Create a Google My Business Listing profile
82% of users conduct “near me” searches on their Smartphone devices. This is exactly where a Google My Business Listing profile will come into play. If you have an updated “My Business Listing” page, then all prospective consumers will find it easier to search your business locally. As a result, you will be able to experience enhanced local searches, thus, contributing to your SEO efforts.
- Go to Google my Business page.
- Enter your organisation’s name and address in the search box.
- Click on “Add your Business” and provide all necessary information.
- Verify your business with Google listing by entering verification PIN, generated within a couple of weeks via postcard.
Takeaway: If you have to wait for the verification PIN to be generated via postcard, keep the officials on loop and check mails on a regular basis. However, it is always better to request for the PIN via text messages or automated phone calls.
- Consider link building as a key SEO factor for your business
Having good website-to-website relationships is essential in terms of building valuable links to make content more shareable. When you will have more authoritative sites linking to your business website, and you link back to other valuable websites, Google will automatically take your business to a higher SERP rank.
- Find influential bloggers to endorse and fuel your link building initiatives best.
- Analyse and find out a strong, relevant online platform or blogging site where you can post high-quality guest blogs and articles.
- You may also use infographics to attract links. It is said that an infographic is 30 times more likely to be read than an entirely textual article.
- List your website in trustworthy directories.
Takeaway: Use effective link building tools such as Ahref’s Content Explorer, URL Profiler, and Buzzstream for useful results.
- Actively respond to online user reviews
It is said that user reviews help in building business visibility in local search results. Quite similarly, responding to those reviews is considered equally important in terms of ensuring the maximum conversion rates. So, irrespective of the fact whether you have a small or large-sized business house, never overlook the crucial aspect of acknowledging client reviews.
- Make it a point to encourage your clients to leave ratings and feedback of your business products and services when they are satisfied with them, or even when they are not.
- Remember, you have to be proactive about responding to client reviews on a regular basis. If the feedback turns out to be positive, send across a thank you message. In case, there are negative reviews, try picking up the pain points mentioned in the post, take note of the loopholes and start working on them.
- If you spot any fake reviews, delete them immediately. Holding on to fake feedback for a long time will only bring a negative impact on search visibilities and rate of conversion end of the day.
Takeaway: Use online tools such as Review Trackers, ReviewPush and TrustYou to keep track of live feedback on the go.
- Drive media coverage from credible bloggers and websites
The math is simple! Popular business ranks higher in the SEO chart. And what could be more effective than driving sufficient media coverage to support your SEO endeavours? Irrespective of whether you have an assignment help portal to be ranked at the top or an E-commerce business, roping in influential media coverage will be the cherry on the top.
- Encourage local bloggers and media houses to try out your products and services for free. This will help you in building strong relationships with the big fishes of the industry.
- Ask independent journalists and media houses to cover your brand story, and share the same across all major social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Takeaway: You may refer to online press release generators such as Prowly. The intuitive tool helps users to create effective press releases for digital media coverage of businesses.
To Wrap It Up
Now that you know about the essential tips for implementing advanced SEO strategies in your business, here’s a glimpse of the crucial pointers this blog carries:
- Create SEO-friendly content for the coveted digital exposure.
- Optimise your social media profiles as well.
- Prioritise creating a Google My Business listing profile.
- Build quality links for enhanced rate of conversion.
- Attend and respond to user reviews on a regular basis.
- Invest in media coverage by roping in famous bloggers and other media personalities.