Angular 5: An Introduction to Easy App Development
You are probably here as you are planning to develop a web application and you are looking for ways which can make that easy. Though, the easy here means simplified and not much confusing. So allow us to introduce you to Angular 5. A framework by Google which made the app development the most simplified process possible.
These days with the digitization of everything, having an application of your own is the best way to enter into any business. A mobile application allows you to reach to the masses, especially the youth which comprise the most of the smartphone users of the world.
Also, a good mobile application with an attractive and simplified user interface will get you the reach your product deserves. So how to build such an application which not just fulfill your motive but is also light, easy to use and cost-effective?
Angular 5 is your solution to the app development. But let us know about Angular JS from the beginning before it reached to Angular 5.
So what is AngularJS?
The first version of Angular JS was launched in October 2010 and the first stable version was introduced in June 2012.
Since then, Google has launched many version of the framework with the latest being the Angular 5 which was launched in November 2017.
How Angular 5 is better than its previous versions?
Angular 5 was launched with the motive to make the applications fast, light and easy. The Google team which developed Angular 5 focused on making it backward compatible which means it is easier to upgrade from the previous versions of the Angular to the Angular 5.
The basic version, Angular JS allows binding the data to HTML and auto-injection of the majority of the code preventing the common errors while writing the code.
The other benefits of using AngularJS Framework are:
- Extending the HTML Attributes by providing directives
- Easier control of variables
- Provides the facility of two-way data binding
- HTML Rendering is easier
- Event-handling by mouse click or key press
- User satisfaction by providing inter-relationships of components as per the specific requirements
- Checking the usability of source code, modules, and data by Unit testing
- Provide the link between a user and the system with Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- Simplification of the coding process
Angular 2, which was released in September 2016, didn’t provide any backward compatibility to Angular JS. The code and syntax for Angular 2 were completely rewritten making it hard to upgrade from Angular JS to Angular 2. However, the substantial changes made in Angular 2 simplified the form handling, data management, HTTP services and other processes.
With the introduction of Angular 4 in March 2017, the bundled file size was reduced by approx 60% which in turn accelerated the application development as it required less code to be generated.
The new features included in Angular 4 were:
- Separate Animation package
- More preset templates
- Email Validator: a separate validator to validate the email instead of the pattern option provided in Angular 2
- Universality: Angular 4 makes it possible to render the Angular applications exclusive of the browser.
Angular 4 supports TypeScript 2.1 and TypeScript 2.2 making it better for type checking.
With the latest release of Angular 5, the cost of designing and developing the progressive apps has been dropped significantly.
The main objective of Angular 5 is to reduce the load time and execution time to the least possible in order to make the applications faster.
Angular 5 introduced a lot of new features which are as follows:
- Support TypeScript 2.5
- Build Optimizer– removes unnecessary code which is not required during run-time which in turn provides acceleration and lightness to the application with the reduction in the bundle size of the application
- StaticInjector– enables 3 times faster rendering of the code
- Improved Form Validation– decides when the field or form values and validity is updated
- Animations– As compared to Angular 4, animations in Angular 5 are light for improved performance
- Improved Decorator Support– The errors diagnosed by the compiler clarify the source and nature of the problem making it easier to rectify them without affecting the public API
- Support Multiple Export Alias– different names to different components allow easier migration while exporting the components.
- Improved Compiler – supports incremental compilation for faster rebuilding of the code
- New Router Lifecycle Events – enables tracking the cycle of the router from the start of the running activity to the completion of the activation
All the features provided by Angular 5 aims at conveying the best ever user experience by creating an app which is light in size, fast, stable, and fascinating and that too at a lower cost.
Angular 5 is the framework which is not just cost-effective but also easy to use. However, we advise you to start with Angular 2 and then keep upgrading to higher versions.
In the meantime, Angular 6 is also on its way. Hopefully the launch of Angular 6 will make the app development more easy by introducing more new features.https://www.area19delegate.org/angular-5-an-introduction-to-easy-app-development/https://www.area19delegate.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/angularjs-2-roadmap-update-es5-es6-and-typescript-support-485375-2.jpghttps://www.area19delegate.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/angularjs-2-roadmap-update-es5-es6-and-typescript-support-485375-2-300x300.jpgTechnologyAngular 5,AngularJS,Google